About the job
The Marketing/Growth function is responsible for delivering the annual operating plan by identifying the drivers of growth for each individual business within UC. The key drivers of growth are:
We work with multiple internal and external stakeholders to deliver the business mandate through unlocking consumer intelligence, deploying zero-dollar hacks, building the right offering and pricing strategy, deploying small and large media campaigns and multiple other levers.
We want someone to join our office in Gurgaon.
About the role
The GTM Managers at UC own and deliver the growth and business outcomes of a large business unit(s) (categories) at UC. They engage with categories to identify gaps in outcomes, plan media to bridge the gap. GTM Managers are also required to be abreast with latest shifts in media consumption habits and trends.
They engage with multi-functional teams and agency partners to develop and execute strategies for the business’s success across performance and brand.
They lead a mix of Marketing projects enabling them to show the breadth and depth of their leadership. They need to derive insights by constant experimentation, identify incrementality of paid media (brand/ performance), which would unlock the next level of business growth. We are looking for colleagues who aren't afraid to take smart risks and innovate.
Responsibilities will include (but not limited to)
A. Drive Capabilities & Innovation for the function:
B. Understanding Business, Category, Consumer:
C. Put Together a Deployment Strategy:
Who are we looking for?
- Graduate from a Tier 1/2 Institute
- 4-6 years of relevant experience with high scale startups / FMCGs / Direct to Consumer eCommerce brands
- Preferably, hands on experience working on paid media (Performance marketing, social media marketing, FB Ads, SEM, UAC, Reach & Frequency campaigns on YouTube, OTT, TV)
- Hands-on Practitioner with strong analytical skills: Likes to get their hands dirty with data & numbers, spend time exploring data, building models. We eat, sleep & breathe Excel & Google Sheets. Comfort with Excel / G sheets is an absolute must. SQL skills are preferable.
- Strong interpersonal skills to manage stakeholders (business teams, brand manager counterparts) and liaise with agencies (brand marketing, performance marketing, creative production).
- High on Business Outcomes and Ambition: Looking to make a trajectory-changing impact at UC
- Outcome-first and Customer-first rather than Solution-first: At UC, we pride ourselves in being outcome focused i.e. “the customer doesn’t care what algorithm powers the backend, as long as his job gets done”
What to expect?
- A hockey stick curve for learning and growth. We take pride in a bi-annual shuffle within the GTM team, for holistic learning of marketing as a function, not limited to a particular channel, mandate or vertical.
- Complete ownership and freedom to fail, while learnings are accrued for the team.
- A high performance, high velocity growth environment, with learning opportunities for first principle problem solving.
- Rubbing shoulders with some of the smartest folks in the ecosystem. Stellar leadership team, with demonstrated success in building consumer-first products & brands.
About Urban Company
Urban Company is a technology platform offering customers a variety of services at home. Customers use our platform to book services such as beauty treatments, haircuts, massage therapy, cleaning, plumbing, carpentry, appliance repair, painting etc., all delivered in the comfort of their home and at a time of their choosing. We promise our customers a high quality, standardized and reliable service experience. To fulfill this promise, we work closely with our hand-picked service partners, enabling them with technology, training, products, tools, financing, insurance, and brand, helping them succeed and deliver on this promise.
Urban Company started out as UrbanClap in Nov 2014, when its founders, Abhiraj, Raghav and Varun realized that the home services industry was predominantly unorganized, fragmented and offline. Customers found it difficult to avail quality services in a convenient manner, and service professionals were struggling to make ends meet, having to rely upon several middlemen, contractors, and local aggregators.
As of May 2022, Urban Company had a presence in 56 cities across India, Singapore, UAE, The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the USA. Since inception, the platform has delivered 36 million bookings to customers, and a highly trained fleet of 40,000+ service professionals. Today, Urban Company offers 50+ different types of home and beauty services through its mobile applications and website.
“Our Mission is to empower millions of service professionals by delivering services at-home in a way that has never been experienced before.”
Service partners are the backbone of our platform. Our service partners are typically individual professionals working in one service category. We operate a full-stack platform to help them succeed and provide the following -
Scale of Operations and Growth Outlook
Urban Company is present in the top 47 cities in India, and 9 cities internationally. The platform serves approximately 1.5 million+ customer bookings every month through a fleet of 40,000 highly trained service professionals, for a variety of home service needs. The business is growing rapidly at >75% YoY, and has demonstrated significant resilience in the last two years despite the COVID-19 pandemic (Urban Company was awarded The Economic Times Startup Award for COVID led business transformation in 2021, read more here). The company has raised significant growth capital last year, which is still untouched and sitting in the bank, and has a very clear path to profitability for its India business over the next few quarters. Its frugal approach and years of secured runaway allows the UC team to build with a multi-year horizon in mind, while focusing on growth with profitability.
Our Commitment to Building a Diverse and Inclusive Workplace
Urban Company is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment and creating an inclusive work environment. We endeavor to –